Jacksonville Beach News
Meetings are held the first Wednesday of each month at 7 P.M.Citizen education and involvement in our beach community issues is key to good government and preserving our quality of life. Beaches Watch promotes education and public involvement in the following ways:
- Education through our web site, emails, and printed materials.
- Participation in local government meetings such as Council or Commission meeting, Planning, Board of Adjustment and Code Enforcement meetings.
- Candidate forums to give voters a chance to hear the positions of all candidates for municipal office and make an informed choice.
- Community programs aimed at educating citizens on quality of life issues that affect us all.
- The annual Give-Back donation to a beaches nonprofit that is enriching the quality of life for beaches residents
- Recognition of individuals or businesses who improve the beaches quality of life with the Friend of the Beaches Award.
- Student essay contest to encourage youth involvement in community affairs.
- Addressing beaches issues at the regional and state level.
- Networking with other community groups throughout Florida.